To help fight against tax evasion and protect the integrity of tax systems, governments around the world are introducing a new information-gathering and reporting requirement for financial institutions. This is known as the Common Reporting Standard ("the CRS") and we'd like to help you understand what it means for you.
Under the CRS, we are required to determine where you are "tax resident" (this will usually be where you are liable to pay income or corporate taxes). We will base this on information we have already or we may ask you for additional details.
If you are tax resident outside the country where you bank then we may be required to provide details, including information relating to your accounts, to the national tax authority in the country where the account is held. They may then share that information with the tax authority of the country (or countries) where you are tax resident.
- Who is affected?
- Additional information
- Newsletter - Introducing the Banking Team 15 September 21
- Newsletter - Trading Precious Metals 20 Oct 21
- Weekly Highlights - 23 October 2021
- Newsletter - Trading Tips Oct21
- Announcement by the Chief Executive Officer of Capital Security Bank Limited
- CEO Announcement
- Latest Newsletter
- Update from CSB's CEO Gerard Field