Location – Rarotonga
Start – Immediate
About Capital Security Bank
The role of the Finance Manager is to oversee all financial aspects of Capital Security Bank Limited (“CSB”) and to drive CSB’s financial strategy and financial risk planning.
The Finance Manager is a reliable professional with a broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. The Finance Manager will be required to analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to the Chief Excutive Officer on future financial plans.
The goal is to provide financial information and judgement to enable CSB’s management team to make sound business decisions and meet CSB’s financial objectives.
- Maintain the financial health of CSB.
- Provide financial reports to and interpret financial information for CSB’s management team while recommending further courses of action.
- Report to the CEO on CSB’s investment manager performance.
- Manage cash flow requirements.
- Analyze CSB’s performance compared to the banks strategic objectives and approved budget.
- Develop financial trends and projections of CSB’s financal position.
- Review new products / services being considered by CSB and assessing the financial implications of these.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the Finance Team, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Implement a process of improving the efficiency of the Finance team of CSB through simplifying and / or automation of tasks
- Manage the preparation of CSB’s budget.
- Liase with CSB’s external/internal auditors and Compliance & Risk Manager to ensure ongoing compliance with CSB’s internal policies/procedures, Cook Islands regulations / prudential guidelines and international accounting standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Cook Islander preferred
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- Proficient user of finance software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
You are a motivated, energetic person with excellent time management and organisational skills, can multi-task and prioritise and is willing to work in line with the company’s strategic direction.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a super strength of attention to detail. This translates to you having the ability to complete tasks against timelines.
You have a passion for working to a high standard and you are seeking a long-term career with the Bank.
All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.